October 25, 2019
A mysterious oil spill is washing up crude on beaches across northeastern Brazil. A new emperor has formally announced his ascension to the throne in Japan. A Medieval sword in stone has been excavated in Bosnia and Herzegovina. And a CNN Hero makes more progress in helping victims of spinal cord injuries.
1. In what Korean capital city were mysterious changes recently observed on the upper floors of high-rises?
2. Christina Koch and Jessica Meir recently made history as the first all-female crew to complete what activity?
3. What city in the U.S. state of Texas saw significant damage from a tornado that struck on Sunday night?
4. The longest, non-stop passenger flight, which lasted for 19 hours and 16 minutes, carried 49 passengers and crew from New York City to what country?
5. Name the Canadian prime minister who won another term in office but whose party lost its majority in Parliament.
6. Two World War II-era Japanese warships were recently located in the Pacific. During what battle were they sunk?
7. This week, the United States lifted its sanctions on what other country, following its pledge to stop its incursion into northern Syria?
8. What is the name of the cryptocurrency that Facebook plans to introduce next year, though U.S. lawmakers may try to block it?
9. Brazilian government officials believe that crude oil that has washed up in Brazil came from what other country, though they’re not directly blaming that country for the spill?
10. What kind of historic artifact, which has been called “Excalibur,” was recently found underwater during the investigation of a medieval castle in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10